Promoting Physical Development, Prompting Language, Provoking Learning
14 March @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm GMT
Join Ali at Community Playthings in Robertsbridge, East Sussex in March for this inspiring and thought provoking training around Early Maths and so much more.
The importance of maths in early years and KS1 is paramount in building the beginnings for future learning. Practitioners need to feel confident to create the context for learning maths through continuous provision and play as well as selecting just the right resources to make learning effective and fun.
Promote early maths, physical development, and self-regulation through the use of simple starting points for learning inside and out. This hands-on, inspiring and interactive course with the insight of Ali McClure also supports social skills and the beginnings of more complex concepts that will help them approach their mathematical learning in the future with curiosity and confidence.
Immerse your children in the creativity of maths through how you curate your continuous provision and resource your interventions. Give every child, at every stage of learning the language to be able to confidently communicate their understanding of key concepts. Give each child agency and the oracy skills to explain and discuss the reasoning behind their choices promoting ‘the language of learning for life’ and ‘a mind for maths’
This Full Day In-Person Training Course
- Enables you to think differently about how we introduce mathematical concepts to young children to explore and investigate
- Promotes oracy- the language of learning and effective questioning for both the child and the adults who are learning with them
- Supports practitioners to understand metacognition, how the children learn and feel confident to explain this to any interested visitors
- Revisits what effective physical development looks like and how we can balance the needs of the curriculum with what we know is best practice for that particular child
- Empowers and inspires practitioners and parents to curate curiosity- in maths and so much more by starting with simple, effective starting points
- Develop a bank of simple, sustainable strategies based on simple equipment to give children ‘a mind for maths’ through continuous provision or intervention
- Explain how and why our choices of resources for early maths really make an impact
- Explain what effective physical development looks like and how we can balance the needs of the curriculum, especially maths, with what we know is best practice for that particular child
- Be empowered to ask effective questions, use correct mathematical language and empower the children to ask effective questions as they are exploring and investigating
- Be inspired to curate curiosity in early maths by starting with simple, effective starting points
- Tour of Community Playthings Factory
- Copy of Key Slides
Full price: £95
Early Bird price: £75 (available until close of business on Thursday 22nd February)
Discounts available for group and multiple bookings - please contact us to discuss
Need this training but struggling with cashflow / budget?
Contact us so we can work out an affordable fee for you. We are keen to support our colleagues and are well aware of the education funding crisis so do not want the cost of attending to be a barrier.
For payment by card:
Click on the button below and you will be directed to the relevant product in Ali's online shop; select 'Add to Basket' and you will be directed to the Checkout page (where you can make adjustments to quantities if you require more than one place).
Note: We will need all the attendee/delegate details in order to register them for this event; we will contact you about this.
If you require an invoice and payment by BACs, or are interested in any of our available discounts please