- This event has passed.
Sustainable Strategies for Supporting those with SEND – especially Boys
22 February @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm GMT
This thought provoking, insightful and inspiring course, based on Ali's Internationally recognised FingerTips®
- Empowers you with the tools to use and the words that work to reflect on and respond to the needs of individuals and groups of children, especially those struggling with SEND or self-regulation
- Promotes Oracy - the language of learning and effective questioning for the child and the adults around them building respect, reflection and relationships
- Introduces metacognition - understanding how children learn best, the science behind the strategies
- Revisits physical development - how we observe for challenges in this and how we can balance the needs of the driven curriculum with what we know is best practice for that particular child- especially boys
- Pinpoints the specifics each child needs - based on Maslow’s Hierarchy, Stuart Shanker’s 5 Domains of Self-Regulation, the SEND code of practice and Ali McClure’s FingerTips® and Roots of Learning.
What this training does
Sustainable strategies and solutions to promote physical activity, practical learning and solutions which meet their sensory needs can make such a difference to the individual and those around them.
It makes learning and life better for all the children and, for the families and for us too!
Being able to pinpoint their problems, enables us as educators to match the provision, props and learning to that child’s particular needs.
Our internationally recognised FingerTips® reflective learning tool and the ‘Roots of Learning’ are accessible and effective tools we can draw on, empower others and share every day.
We can meet the needs of every learner making our best provision ‘ordinarily available.
Our driven curriculum can often be better matched to needs of girls, leaving boys left behind. No child should be defined by their gender, but this insightful and challenging training will help us match specific sustainable strategies to the individuals in front of us, and be better informed to know what works, why and how to make it happen.
- Be informed and equipped to ‘know what they need to help them succeed’ using a simple, accessible and impactful learning tool- at your FingerTips
- To be able to curate provision and the curriculum to match the needs of the individual while making learning more engaging and effective for everyone
- To be able to break down the strands of need underpinning SEND and share this depth of understanding with your teams, families and professionals
- To understand the needs of those learners who often need more physical and practical learning, especially boys.
- To feel confident and keen to explain your provision, IEPs and interventions by understanding the science behind the strategies
Why do we need this now?
More and more young children are coming to our schools and settings with language and learning delay, with struggles with self-regulation and with early signs of SEND, especially boys. We are left with the legacy of lockdown, of poverty and of time pressures within busy or burdened families. When there is little time, screens have become an easy solution, for parents for children, and I would challenge- for us in our schools and settings.
Why Ali McClure?
Children, the way they learn and why they behave as they do are my life’s work and passion. I have had the privilege of sharing this with so many schools and settings just like yours and developing courses and resources that simply make learning make sense. I am a SENDCo and still at the chalk face, I would love to share this unique and empowering, interactive and insightful day with you to help you make the difference for those who are struggling or still building their beginnings.
Full price: £95
Early Bird price: £75 (available until close of business on Thursday 8th February)
Discounts available for group and multiple bookings - please contact us to discuss
Need this training but struggling with cashflow / budget?
Contact us so we can work out an affordable fee for you. We are keen to support our colleagues and are well aware of the education funding crisis so do not want the cost of attending to be a barrier.
For payment by card:
Click on the button below and you will be directed to the relevant product in Ali's online shop; select 'Add to Basket' and you will be directed to the Checkout page (where you can make adjustments to quantities if you require more than one place).
Note: We will need all the attendee/delegate details in order to register them for this event; we will contact you about this.
If you require an invoice and payment by BACs, or are interested in any of our available discounts please