- This event has passed.
What’s Beneath the Behaviour? Reconsidering our Responses
3 October @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm BST
Behaviour is simply what they show - how they need to grow!
So many of our children are struggling with their behaviour. The legacy of lockdown, fewer experiences with other children and the expectations of our curriculum, whether in early years or primary can all contribute to the context around that child and the changes they are experiencing.
How do you respond when behaviour becomes challenging - for you, for the other children and for that child themselves? Does that child have additional needs, have they experienced trauma or are they simply using their behaviour to express their needs.
So many of our inherited responses don’t get ‘beneath the behaviour’ and that is exactly what we need to do in order to support that child, support our teams. We need to make sure our responses are considered choices and truly match what is going on for that child - what is ‘beneath the behaviour’
Building brilliant behaviour and supporting self-regulation is a long and ongoing journey - what lies beneath it is the key to supporting and responding to every child in ways that work.
This lively, interactive and thought-provoking training led with Ali McClure's insight and inimitable style, will equip you with simple, supportive and sustainable strategies to put in place in your particular context.
It will challenge your choices drawing on a deeper understanding of what lies beneath the behaviour and what each of us can do to promote positive interactions and wellbeing.
This Full Day Training Course:
- Considers what self-regulation looks likes, when to support by stepping in and when to step back
- Dives deep into the roots of learning and how these inform our reflection and responses our environment and support
- Explores supportive sustainable strategies enabling you to anticipate, respond and support when behaviour becomes challenging
- Reconfirms the importance of emotional connection and strong relationships to create a context where every child can thrive
- A cohesive, reflective approach to build consistency, challenging choices and empower every adult in your team
- Supportive sustainable strategies ready to use tomorrow, but based on sound evidence to work in the long term
- A depth of understanding of the roots which underpin learning, behaviour and wellbeing for every child
- Reconsidering our responses - reflecting on the reasons for our choices and their impact and implications for all
Join Ali for this in-person, informative and inspiring day
on Tuesday 3rd October 2023
at: Paint Pots, Portswood, Southampton
Early Years, KS1 and Foster Parents
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Key Slides from the Presentation
- Additional Supportive Hand-outs
Full price: £90 per delegate
Early Bird price: £75 per delegate (until close of business on 16th September 2023)
Please contact us regarding group discounts and available bursaries
Limited Places Available
Booking & Payment
For payment by card
Click on the button below to be taken to the 'product' in Ali's Online Shop.
Note: We will need all the attendee/delegate details in order to register them for this event; we will contact you about this.
You can either select Google Pay where a new window will open with your saved Google Pay details or you can click on the button 'Add to Basket' and you will be directed to the 'Cart' page
(where you can make adjustments to quantities if you require more than one place); once you have completed adding the products you wish to purchase, click on 'Proceed to Checkout' and you will be directed to our Online Card Processing partner, Stripe, to make secure payment.
If you require an invoice and payment by BACs.
Please contact us.
Please note: reserved places will not be considered as confirmed until we have received full payment.