Promote early maths, physical development, and self-regulation through the use of simple starting points for learning inside and out. This hands-on, inspiring and interactive course with the insight of Ali McClure also supports social skills and the beginnings of more complex concepts that will help them approach their mathematical learning in the future with curiosity and confidence.
Immerse your children in the creativity of maths through how you curate your continuous provision and resource your interventions. Give every child, at every stage of learning the language to be able to confidently communicate their understanding of key concepts. Give each child agency and the oracy skills to explain and discuss the reasoning behind their choices promoting ‘the language of learning for life’ and ‘a mind for maths’
This Full Day In-Person Training Course
- Enables you to think differently about how we introduce mathematical concepts to young children to explore and investigate
- Promotes oracy- the language of learning and effective questioning for both the child and the adults who are learning with them
- Supports practitioners to understand metacognition, how the children learn and feel confident to explain this to any interested visitors
- Revisits what effective physical development looks like and how we can balance the needs of the curriculum with what we know is best practice for that particular child
- Empowers and inspires practitioners and parents to curate curiosity- in maths and so much more by starting with simple, effective starting points
- Develop a bank of simple, sustainable strategies based on simple equipment to give children ‘a mind for maths’ through continuous provision or intervention
- Explain how and why our choices of resources for early maths really make an impact
- Explain what effective physical development looks like and how we can balance the needs of the curriculum, especially maths, with what we know is best practice for that particular child
- Be empowered to ask effective questions, use correct mathematical language and empower the children to ask effective questions as they are exploring and investigating
- Be inspired to curate curiosity in early maths by starting with simple, effective starting points
FULL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TRAINING CAN BE FOUND ON THE EVENT PAGE
Join Ali for this in-person, informative and inspiring day
on Thursday 14th March
at: Community Playthings, Robertsbridge, East Sussex
Early Years and KS1
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Tour of the Community Playthings Factory
- Key Slides from the Presentation
- Additional Supportive Hand-outs
Full price: £90
Early Bird price: £75 (until close of business on Thursday 22nd February)
You can either select Google Pay where a new window will open with your saved Google Pay details or you can click on the button 'Add to Basket' and you will be directed to the 'Cart' page (where you can make adjustments to quantities if you require more than one place); once you have completed adding the products you wish to purchase, click on 'Proceed to Checkout' and you will be directed to our Online Card Processing partner, Stripe, to make secure payment.
Note: We will need all the attendee/delegate details in order to register them for this event; we will contact you about this.
IF YOU REQUIRE AN INVOICE FOR PAYMENT BY BACs OR WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS DISCOUNTS
Please contact us.
Please note: reserved places will not be considered as confirmed until we have received full payment.
Need this training but struggling with cashflow / budget?
Contact us so we can work out an affordable fee for you. We are keen to support our colleagues and are well aware of the education funding crisis so do not want the cost of attending to be a barrier.